Get good guts and support Tassie growers with Australia’s first ferment box subscription service.
Once a month we curate a selection of our finest living foods and send it out to the locals of Southern Tasmania. Everything in it is hand made by us with a strong focus on organically grown local produce.
Becoming a member is a great way to act local, connect to the seasons and discover the incredible flavours that only fermentation can bring.
What’s in the box
A seasonally changing selection of Sauerkraut, Pickles, Miso, Shio Koji, and Kimchi (optional for those who like spice). To discover more about our ever changing product line check us out on Instagram.
If you love our fresh Tempeh but have trouble getting to our Sunday market stall this box will ensure you get your monthly protein fix of Tasmania’s only maker of fresh organic Tempeh.
Become a Member Today
Create a membership that meets your household’s needs in four easy steps below.
SPECIAL LAUNCH OFFER
Sign up now for 3 months and get a free 680gm jar of Sauerkraut!
1. Choose your box size
The Small $45 box is:
- Great for 1-2 persons
- Contains approximately 1400 grams of fermented products
- 46 grams/day for single person
- 23 grams/day for two people
The Large $82.50 box is:
- Best value – a $7.50 discount on the small box
- Great for 3-5 persons
- Contains approximately 2800 grams of fermented products
- 92 grams/day for one devoted ferment enthusiast
- 23 grams/day for four people
2. Select your spice level
Mild does not include any spicy ferments
Spicy includes both mild and spicy ferments such as Kimchi!
3. Want Tempeh too?
We proudly make Tasmania's only fresh and unpasteurized Tempeh for $9.00 per block.
We only use Certified Organic, Biodynamic, and GMO Free Soybeans.
Each block is pulled from the incubator the night before delivery and wrapped by hand.
Step 4. Choose your delivery zone
We deliver to the green zone for free, and the pink zone for $5. We’ll also deliver to your workplace or a friend’s house in either of those zones so be creative and keep your delivery costs down!
If you’re not in one of the delivery zones above give us a call and we’ll try to sort something out! 👩🌾👨🌾
You can cancel your membership at any timeWe promise not to hold it against you 😊
Your membership questions answered
- How long do I have to be a member for?
We have a minimum membership period of 3 months.
You can change your membership preferences (for more or less product) at any stage after the first month.
- When will I receive my first box?
We deliver to your home or workplace on the fourth Friday of the month.
- If you joined on or before the 20th day of the month you will receive your first box in the same month that you joined.
- If you joined from the 21st onwards you’ll get your first box the following month.
At this point in time we only deliver once per month.
- Can I choose what goes into it?
At this point in time we can’t support custom orders.
Our #1 priority is to source seasonally, locally and organically. This focus limits our product offerings.
If we plan to include something that’s “really different” and may not appeal to all members, we’ll send out a survey the week before delivery day so that you can opt in or out it.
- How many varieties are included?
Every small box will include at least 2 varieties.
Every large box will include at least 3 varieties.
Depending on what’s seasonally available we may include more options. We’ll always strive to strike a nice balance between consistency and seasonal variation so that you’re neither bored from monotony or suffering from tastebud overload!
- Will the amount of product in my box vary?
Yes… a little
While our target volume is 1400 grams for the small boxes and 2800 grams for the large, we reserve the right to vary the amount of product-weight you receive in your monthly box.
Here are a few examples:
- You may get less product volume in a month where we include things like Miso, Shio Koji, Misozuke, or a Hot Sauce.
- You will also get more product volume when we're doing simpler ferments with cheaper ingredient costs. Things like simple Pickles, Krauts and probiotic beverages.
If we plan something with a significant variation to the regular volume you receive we’ll let you know in advance and give you the chance to opt in or out.
- Why does the spicy option cost more?
We charge a few dollars more for the spicy box because:
- The ingredient costs are higher (organic ginger can cost as much as $50/kg!)
- There is a lot more labour involved in the making of the spicy stuff. Try hand peeling fresh garlic and ginger and you’ll get a sense of how time consuming it can be. 😊
FYI – We also charge more for our spicy products at our market stall.
- Will my ferments stay cool if I’m not home to receive them?
Every member will receive an allocation of 2 coolers. On your first delivery you’ll get a cooler full of refrigerated ferments along with a frozen ice block.
When we return one month later we will collect:
- Your original cooler,
- the original ice block,
- and any clean jars you're finished with.
When you get back home you'll have an alternate cooler with delicious ferments waiting for you!
- Do you recycle jars?
Jar recycling is one of the best things about the membership program that we weren’t able to do when selling wholesale.
Please wash your jars and place them back in your ferment cooler for collection.
- How will I be charged?
Your credit or debit card will be auto–magically charged every month that you’re subscribed. The charge will occur every month on the same day you joined the membership.
- How do I pause or cancel my subscription?
If you're heading away for a few months, or want to stop your subscription just contact us and we’ll sort it out.
- I'd like to suggest some improvements, how can I do that?
We'd love to hear of any ideas you've got! Please contact us with your offerings.
We're always looking for ways to improve the products we make and reduce our environmental footprint.
If you didn’t find the answer you’re looking for please call us at 0487 739 101. We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Your feedback is important to us. We really want this membership program to fulfill your needs so by all means chime in and become a part of our evolution.